A Coruña is located in Galicia in the northwest of the Iberian Peninsula. The city is very well connected by highway (A6 and AP9), by train (RENFE) and by plane. Alvedro airport is very close to the city center and Lavacolla airport (Santiago de Compostela) is just 45 minutes away.
A Coruña airport (IATA: LCG, ICAO: LECO) is located in the municipality of Culleredo, about 8 kilometres from the center of the city.
- Direct flights: Barcelona, Bilbao, Gran Canaria, Madrid, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Sevilla, Valencia, London and Paris
- Once landed:
- Taxis: The airport has taxis available at its entrance. Price: about 25€ to the center of the city.
- Buses: Every day (return trip). Price: 1,50€
Santiago airport Lavacolla (IATA: SCQ, ICAO: LEST) is located in the municipality of Santiago de Compostela, 60 kilometers from A Coruña city.
- Direct flights: Alicante, Barcelona, Basel, Bilbao, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Gran Canarias, Lanzarote, London, Madrid, Málaga, Milan, Munich, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Rome, Sevilla, Tenerife, Valencia.
- Once landed:
- Taxis: The airport has taxis available at its entrance. Price: about 100€ to the center of the city.
- Bus: Airport – A Coruña: This line connects Santiago Airport with the Hotel Atlántico in A Coruña (Jardines Méndez Nuñez s/n).
The train station is just five minutes’ drive from the city center, with frequent bus service and taxi.
- Long distance: Madrid*, Barcelona and Bilbao-Irún.
- Regional: Santiago, Vigo, Ferrol, Monforte.
*In some schedules is a high-speed train.
Three major highways link A Coruña with major cities/areas.
- A6: Madrid (590 km), Barcelona (1180 km) and other Spanish cities (A6)
- A8: North of Spain (Bilbao, 546 km) and France (665 km Paris, 1460 km) (A8)
- A9: South of Galicia and Portugal (Porto, 300 km; Lisbon, 608 km) (A9)
Passport and Visa
Any foreign visitors outside Europe wishing to enter Spain must have a valid passport and obtain a Spain visa before coming. People of some countries who want to visit Spain temporarily, are permitted to enter without a visa according to visa-exemption agreements or in accordance with the principles of reciprocity or national interest (e.g. Canada, USA, Japan,…). For more details please visit the Spanish State Department
Spain time Central European Standard Time is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).