Travel & Accomodation
A Coruña is located in Galicia in the northwest of the Iberian Peninsula. The city is very well connected by highway (A6 and AP9), by train (RENFE) and by plane. Alvedro airport is very close to the city center and Lavacolla airport (Santiago de Compostela) is just 45 minutes away.
A Coruña airport (IATA: LCG, ICAO: LECO) is located in the municipality of Culleredo, about 8 kilometres from the center of the city.
- Direct flights: Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, London (Heathrow), Amsterdam and Lisbon
- Once landed:
- Taxis: The airport has taxis available at its entrance. Price: about 25€ to the center of the city.
- Buses: Every day (return trip). Price: 1,50€
Santiago airport Lavacolla (IATA: SCQ, ICAO: LEST) is located in the municipality of Santiago de Compostela, 60 kilometers from A Coruña city.
- Direct flights: Alicante, Barcelona, Basel, Bilbao, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Gran Canarias, Lanzarote, London, Madrid, Málaga, Milan, Munich, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Rome, Sevilla, Tenerife, Valencia.
- Once landed:
- Taxis: The airport has taxis available at its entrance. Price: about 100€ to the center of the city.
- Bus: Airport – A Coruña: This line connects Santiago Airport with the Hotel Atlántico in A Coruña (Jardines Méndez Nuñez s/n).
The train station is just five minutes’ drive from the city center, with frequent bus service and taxi.
- Long distance: Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao-Irún.
- Regional: Santiago, Vigo, Ferrol, Monforte.
Three major highways link A Coruña with major cities/areas.
- A6: Madrid (590 km), Barcelona (1180 km) and other Spanish cities (A6)
- A8: North of Spain (Bilbao, 546 km) and France (665 km Paris, 1460 km) (A8)
- A9: South of Galicia and Portugal (Porto, 300 km; Lisbon, 608 km) (A9)
Passport and Visa
Any foreign visitors outside Europe wishing to enter Spain must have a valid passport and obtain a Spain visa before coming. People of some countries who want to visit Spain temporarily, are permitted to enter without a visa according to visa-exemption agreements or in accordance with the principles of reciprocity or national interest (e.g. Canada, USA, Japan,…). For more details please visit the Spanish State Department
Spain time Central European Standard Time is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).
There are several hotels located in the city center and a few min walking to Palexco (1 min – 10 min) and with all the necessary comforts to make the stay of its guests is perfect. The organizers aims to facilitate an online room-sharing booking system that will facilitate students and others to save expenses on accommodation.
Hotel Hesperia Finisterre*****
The Hesperia Finisterre A Coruña Hotel is located in the heart of the city. Near to the old town and just a 9 minutes walk from the PALEXCO Exhibition and Congress Center. Thus, it is ideal whether staying for business or for pleasure. The hotel has 92 rooms on its 7 -plants. Besides, this hotel has one of the best views of the city and you can enjoy them from any room you’re staying. Some of the extra services are included such as the hot tub and Wi-Fi. They also offer ideal rooms for the entire family.
Hotel Eurostar Atlántico****
Eurostars Atlántico welcomes guests from the port of A Coruña, accommodations that offer comfort, modernity and the chance to discover the city at your own pace, experiencing its streets and squares, breathing in the sea breeze and tasting its culinary delights. This hotel is just 1 minute walk away from the PALEXCO.
Hotel Meliá María Pita****
Meliá María Pita is the ideal hotel for discovering La Coruña, only 10 minutes walk from Calle Real, City Hall, Plaza de María Pita and the tapas bars. From PALEXCO is just 13 minutes walk away. Located right on the Paseo Marítimo seafront, across from the fantastic beaches of Orzán and Riazor.
Hotel Hesperia Coruña Centro****
The Hesperia A Coruña Center hotel features a glass facade that allows for natural light to illuminate the entire building. Its privileged location in the heart of La Coruña puts it only two
blocks from the sea. Just opposite the Plaza de Lugo market, it is a short walk to the city’s main tourist attractions. This hotel is just 12 minutes walk away from PALEXCO.
Recently renovated in its entirety, Hotel Riazor welcomes you to its home, La Coruña. Located at the seafront with wonderful views of the ocean, this 4-star boutique hotel offers elegant
facilities where you can relax, work and enjoy the best Galician cuisine. This hotel is just a 13 minutes walk from PALEXCO.
The recently refurbished Plaza Hotel in A Coruña is a unique experience which combines rest, comfort and modern services in the heart of A Coruña. A spa hotel in A Coruña specially designed for business trips and family holidays which will conquer the most demanding guests.
A modern hotel for the City of A Coruna, situated in financial, administrative, commercial and tourist center of the city.